Town of Fort Mill SC
Today, Fort Mill is a thriving community that retains its small-town atmosphere. Residents have the best of both worlds by living in a small town with cultural, shopping and other attractions of a large city just across the state line in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In 1990, there were 4,930 people living inside the town limits. In 1995, that number had increased to 5,700. The population is expected to reach 6,800 by 2000, and to double in 20 years. With the challenges of the coming growth, local leaders are busy making sure that Fort Mill retains its relaxed style, its small-town charm and its individuality.
Some of Fort Mill's advantages are:
- Excellent employment opportunities with rapidly expanding industrial areas nearby.
- Good transportation facilities, including I-77, Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (17 miles) Rock Hill Airport (five miles), Norfolk Southern Railway and numerous trucking companies.
- The Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority (PDRTA) runs buses between Fort Mill and Rock Hill every day but Sunday. Several taxi services and cab companies are also available.
- Plentiful media sources, including numerous radio and TV stations, The Fort Mill Times, The Lancaster News.The Charlotte Observer, and The Herald based in Rock Hill.
- Five banks operate in Fort Mill with more on the way.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither the publisher of this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 Carolina Multiple Listing Services, Inc. Based on information submitted to the MLS GRID as of "Updated" date listed below. All data is obtained from various sources and may not have been verified by broker or MLS GRID. Supplied Open House Information is subject to change without notice. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
Updated: 17th November, 2019 7:20 AM.